A large Bronze Age bell barrow survives as earthworks within the main alignment of the Winterbourne Stoke Crossroads round barrow cemetery (Monument Number 219525). It has an overall diameter of 51m and comprises a mound, 3.1m high and of at least two phases, which sits on a roughly circular platform defined by a ring ditch that appears slightly cut by that around Winterbourne Stoke 4 to the south-west (Monument Number 870384). The barrow was excavated in the early 19th century by Sir Richard Colt Hoare, who gave it the title "king barrow" due to the rich finds (Barrow 16: 1812). His men found a primary inhumation within an elm tree-trunk coffin, accompanied by 2 bronze daggers, a bronze awl with a bone handle, and sherds of a 5-handled Breton style pottery vessel. The barrow was listed as Winterbourne Stoke 5 by Goddard (1913) and by Grinsell (1957). The round barrow was mapped from aerial photographs at a scale of 1:10,000 as part of the RCHME: Salisbury Plain Training Area NMP project and this mapping revised at a scale of 1:2500 for the English Heritage Stonehenge WHS Mapping Project. The round barrow was surveyed at a scale of 1:1000 in August 2009 as part of English Heritage's Stonehenge WHS Landscape Project.