A very easy place to find after a nice afternoon in Edinburgh, which makes a change, right next to the busy A93 Royal Deeside road in Banchory. Just before the A980 junction look at the bottom of the wall opposite the Old Manse. On the southern wall is a Round Celtic cross.
These stones formed part of a Prehistoric Stone Cist which, containing an urn, was discovered here when the highway was made about 1800. An early Celtic Round cross probably from St. Ternan's churchyard is built into the manse wall opposite.
Recorded by the Provost and Town Council of Banchory 1923.