This barrow was partially excavated in 1972.
Then the archaeologists found out that the barrow is built on a
natural hill, so the barrow itself measures 40 metres in diametre, and 4 metres high, the total including the natural hill is 50-60 metres in diametre and 7 metres high.
The name 'Ivars kulle' (Ivar's hill) traces back to a man with the name
Givar Gunnarsson, who in the years 1717-1756 owned the land around it.
Info board on site in Swedish, English and German.
How to get there:
The barrow is southeast of the crossing between highway E20 and road 26,
visible from the highway. Take the exit to road 26 towards Smålandsstenar,
and turn right after 300 metres at the sign 'Sperlingsholm'.
The site is after another 300 metres.