Details of site on Pastscape - Monument No. 205559
('A'-ST80810856; 'B'-ST80820852) Within the largest enclosure on Ringmoor are two tumuli. (Plotted from plan. 'B' is published as a mound on OS 6" 1902).
'A' and 'B' are two grass covered mounds situated in the vicinity of an Iron Age/Romano-British settlement, and on an east-facing slope, some 50ft below a ridge.
'A' - An elongated, almost triangular mound, approximatley NE-SW on the long axis. It measures 9.0m x 5.0m., with a height of 0.4m. There is a slight trace of a ditch.
'B' Roughly circular in plan, with a diameter of 5.5m. The mound is 0.1m high on the NW and 0.4m. high on the SE. It has a small hollow in the centre.
It would seem hazardous to describe these mounds as barrows, for while they could possibly be mutilated bowl barrows, they could be field clearance mounds or in some other way associated with the settlement, and without excavation the classification is uncertain. (2)