|Poston Camp was excavated in 1958, and finds included flints indicating a Neolithic or early Bronze Age occupation of the site prior to the defensive earthwork being constructed. It stands on private land and is locally known as "The Rounds". It is a promontory fort with an internal area of 1.6 ha and overlooks the Golden Valley.
Posted by thesweetcheat
16th February 2009ce