|This standing stone stands to the north-west of the Monzie stone circle, linked by the castle drive which meanders in an S-shape between these ancient monuments. In 1936 the stone stood "in the middle of a causeway 6 yds wide, like a Roman road" but there is no visible evidence of this now. Also disappeared is a possible barrow immediately the to the south-east of the stone, which has presumably been ploughed away. The stone leans heavily to the north, away from Kate McNieven's Craig which points towards the Witches' Stone from the Knock of Crieff.
Posted by BigSweetie
2nd July 2003ce