|Description from archaeology.ie:
In gently undulating, wet, rushy pasture. Walshe (1931, 127) describes it as, ‘a ruined stone circle, 26 yards [c. 23.8m] in diameter. Of the fifteen stones still extant, only 6 remain in their original position.’ In 1985, the stone circle was found to have been destroyed, with two large displaced pieces of rock on the site which may originally have formed part of the circle (SMR file). A second stone circle (KD029-023----) stands c. 830m to the NNE in Broadleas Commons townland.
Compiled by: Gearóid Conroy
Date of upload: 16 September 2013
Date of last visit: 25 October 1985
Walshe, P.T. 1931 The antiquities of the Dunlavin-Donard district. Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland 61, 113-41.
Posted by ryaner
24th March 2014ce