|A Bowl Barrow situated on a prominent knoll to the East of the Staffordshire Moorlands village of Butterton.
The site is surrounded by a dry stone wall within which a ring of trees surmount the Barrow. The Barrow is approx. 23m in diameter and 0.7m high. No visible ditch.
The name Town Low appears on a tithe map of Butterton dated 1850. Town Low is referred to in a number of charitable bequests recorded on 18th and 19th Century plaques in the church at Butterton.
Shown on O.S. map by Tumulus label and earthwork symbol.
Scheduled Ancient Monument No. = 1010120. Scheduled as Town Low Bowl Barrow.
RSM No:- 13557 NMR= SK05 NE9
Pastscape entry at:-
Posted by BrownEdger
13th November 2012ce
Edited 2nd September 2014ce