The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ebbor Gorge Forum Start a topic | Search
Ebbor Gorge
Calling Rhiannon re: Ebbor Gorge
6 messages
Select a forum:
Hey Rhiannon - just read your weblog. Sounds like the kind of day out MrsIM and me end up having! That's how we ended up at Brean... I should really have mentioned the endless row of caravans there, but I got kind of carried away by Brean Down itself. Didn't you find the whole area quite strange? There's a house, like an upturned boat, just next to the steps leading up the down, which I really liked. There is certainly magic in the air round there, despite the static caravans!

My main reason for writing - Ebbor Gorge. I couldn't work out whether you'd actually visited or just passed it by and made a mental note to visit. If it's the latter then I really do urge you to get out there - from the top the view is amazing, we loved it last time we were there. The best thing is you can see Glastonbury Tor without having to endure all those cringe-inducing new-age shops. Fantastic! I reckon we'll get out to Ebbor soon, when I'm down in Bristol visiting MrsIM. If you do fancy a trek out there just let me know.

Reply | with quote
IronMan
Posted by IronMan
5th March 2003ce
11:16

Messages in this topic: