The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
22 messages
Select a forum:
Pete, I've just sent this.....

To: Fraser Steel, Head of Programme Complaints

Dear Mr Steel,

Time Flyers, BBC2, 5 December 2002

I refer to your letter dated 29 January, reference PA/8804.

Please note that whilst I knew there was another complainant, I have never met Mr Glastonbury and have not seen his letter. However, I am doubtful that my letter was very similar to his, and this is confirmed by the fact that your letter to him was devoid of reference to almost all of the 13 detailed and valid concerns which I raised. I really feel that as a thoughtful and non-frivolous complainant, who went to some effort to present a succinct and reasoned account of matters of concern, I am owed the courtesy of a proper and relevant reply, rather than a copy of a reply to someone else. There seems little point in a complaints procedure that both ignores the complainant’s concerns and fails to observe the common courtesies, and as things stand I shall have to take the matter a stage further.

I do assure you that if you submit each or any of my points to the proper independent authorities it will become abundantly clear to you that the BBC really does have some real issues to consider, and you will understand why I feel affronted by your contention that “providing no law was broken, I can see no objection”. I intend to make every effort to ensure that the BBC receives an authoritative independent opinion on this matter and therefore, if you cannot see your way clear to seek this please let me know so that I can move on to the next stage of the procedure.

Yours sincerely,....

(What I should have said was "There's nothing more scary than a crank with leisure" but I guess he knows that).

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
21st February 2003ce
10:46

In reply to:

FOAD (Pete G)

1 reply:

Re: FOAD (Pete G)

Messages in this topic: