The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
The Arbor Low dog.........
2 messages
Select a forum:
is still around, & bit my 4 year old yesterday!

I recall previous posts about it, just passing on a warning! Collie seems friendly enough, but took a nip at Katie Koo when we were looking at the hens which said collie seems to spend all it's time rounding up. No lasting damage though, according to doc.

Pissiest weather ever up there too - couldn't see Giib Hill from the bank, no light, my camera wouldn't work, except for close ups with flash. Video camera battery had gone flat, & hotel (Manchester Airport Thistle) was the pits. Still, the Buxton panto was ace, & had a nice time with family.

Thought the site looked a bit forlorn, weather aside, with several areas of the bank looking very worn. A few offerings in the 'cove' , though.

The moral is, if you go to Arbor Low, watch out for the dog, & wear wellies....the farm yard is full of wet cow-sh*t. As the girls say "why is there always poo-pongo at stones, Daddy?"

Reply | with quote
Posted by konaman
23rd December 2002ce
21:41

Messages in this topic: