The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Anniversary of an older book
13 messages
Select a forum:
Have seen a lot about The Old Stones book on FB recently - Andy Burnham intelligently positioned himself outside the Red Lion in Avebury a couple of weeks back when there was a megalithic gathering. I think he sold a good few. I haven't yet bought it but fully intend to - probably as a gift for someone. I just wanted to say something here about The Modern Antiquarian which stood alone, and still does, as a beacon of inspiration to so many people over the past 20 years. Yes, first published 1998 - and still a masterpiece. Our impressions move so fast these days that some of what Julian Cope had written is now history in itself. Just happened to open the book on the chapter about Callanish and read the passage "In Awe of Margaret Curtis" - something of a tribute to her.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
29th September 2018ce
17:10

Messages in this topic: