The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Proleek Forum Start a topic | Search
Proleek
Re: Calling Rhiannon on behalf o Newling.
2 messages
Select a forum:
Hello, sorry to disappoint but I was just quoting from a book that was quoting Thomas Stringer's manuscript.
https://archive.org/stream/mus[...]/n149/mode/2up/search/ballymac

The European Magazine has his writings from the south coast of england, wales, scotland, ireland - I think there's about 40 instalments of the Irish one, starting in November 1816. (I can see those but I'm guessing you can as well).

Is the book quote something that's also in the European Magazine? I'm guessing maybe not, which is why you're asking. In the introduction by Charles Hulbert says thankyou to TS:

"To Thomas Stringer, Esq. M.D. of Shrewsbury, for the loan of several interesting manuscript volumes of his tours in various parts of the British Empire, I am under extensive obligation, not only for the assistace they afforded my labours, but for the information and amusement I received in the perusal of their interesting contents."

The book's from 1825 so enough time that he might have gone back to ireland?

It's conceivable the Shropshire Archives / Shrewsbury library might be able to help you.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
29th March 2018ce
11:40

Messages in this topic: