The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Rights of Way under threat
6 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks for flagging this up Moss. As a member of the Ramblers Association I do know there are working hard - mostly with the efforts of volunteers, to protect rights of way and footpaths.
Tom Ferwins, policy and advocacy manager of Ramblers, said the walking charity was scaling up its training of volunteers and running workshops offering advice and guidance on how to make DMMO applications.
Time was of the essence, he said, as cash-strapped local authorities faced huge backlogs in processing applications. “We have a rights of way network which is really historic and has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years,” he said. “We do take an awful lot for granted.”

Anyone who feels strongly about this might consider joining the Ramblers. Personally, I don't walk with them as much as I once did but will always keep my membership going as they do such a stirling job (plus you get a free Walking magazine three times a year and discounts in various outdoor shops).

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
10th January 2018ce
15:35

In reply to:

Rights of Way under threat (moss)

1 reply:

Re: Rights of Way under threat (thelonious)

Messages in this topic: