The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Best site visited 2017
37 messages
Select a forum:
costaexpress wrote:
Carrowkeel for me, not just 2017, any year ever, closely followed by Cromeleque da Portela de Modo. For 2018 I can't wait to get an opportunity to discover the Beara Peninsula and back up to explore some more of the Scottish Isles, so much to see, so little time

I went to the Beara Peninsula in 2012 (where does the time go) the year after my Irish mother died. I think I went for her - it was the most magical week. It is a wonderful elemental place with small stone circles, wedge tombs and standing stones almost all within sight of the sea. We stayed in Glengarriff though maybe Castletownbere would have been a better choice. I was very sad to leave, it felt like I was leaving my mother behind. Probably won't go back but the place will always stay with me.
Go!

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
2nd January 2018ce
17:42

In reply to:

Re: Best site visited 2017 (costaexpress)

Messages in this topic: