The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Sacred directions
28 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:

Doll Tor, Rollrights, Nine Ladies and Stanton Drew NE Circle all have the "feel". I think that's proof - scientific proof - that satisfying proportionality calls across the millennia. (And that energies and ley lines are bollocks but that's another matter!)

Doll Tor, what a site. But like another favourite, Fernworthy, do the trees have a hand in giving it 'the feel'? Or are you talking purely about the arrangement and proportions of the stones themselves?

Re energies - Didn't the results of the Dragon project come up with some unusual ultrasound readings at sunrise and sunset at the Rollrights? I seem to remember some very high radiation level being recorded on the road too (comapred with background) and claims of spectres and dogs thereabouts. CLassic stuff - I truly love it.

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
29th November 2017ce
16:15

In reply to:

Re: Sacred directions (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Sacred directions (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: