The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: OT:Land Lines - finding UK's favourite nature book
16 messages
Select a forum:
Monganaut wrote:
Interesting article in The Quietus which touches on your topic, but takes it in a slightly different direction....
http://thequietus.com/articles[...]cape-punk-nationalism-politics

Plus a few recommendations for further reading.

Thanks - a thought provoking article and I guess that's how you know your still alive as opposed to sleep walking - when someone comes along who makes you re-examine the things in life we take for granted as generally 'good'. I will probably buy 'Hollow Shores' by Gary Budden (am intrigued by his re-weirding as opposed to the re-wilding of place).

For me personally 'Nature' is about getting away from politics - and people for that matter. Every once in while you can step into an almost other realm induced by a combination of sunlight, wildflowers, trees, birdsong - either alone or with a good companion. I am thinking it is this 'almost other realm' that people sometimes feel compelled to write about.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
8th November 2017ce
18:23

Messages in this topic: