The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Stonehenge Petition
11 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
Both Druids and pagans stress that they don't "pray" so he's got that wrong, although pay to pray is nicely alliterative.

He's playing with fire a bit. It must have gone through Whitehall's mind that one way to release EH and NT from the inconvenient truth they're defying UNESCO is to set up some sort of overall "tunnel commission" with a mandate to put Britain First on the issue. That's what Donald would do to sidestep what's right.

Perhaps I was a bit hard on him, nothing against Arthur as such - just this whole thing about the modern day druids claiming some sort of priority over everyone else where Stonehenge is concerned. I did cast my vote online btw regarding the NT AGM. Although I think EH and NT have floundered badly at SH, the NT does do a lot of good work in other areas. Just returned from a few days around the Bodmin area of Cornwall. Stopped of at Lydford Gorge on the way back. A really beautiful place, though steep and slippy in places - the NT have made it possible to see astonishing phenomena such as the Devil's Cauldron by putting discreet handrails along the rocks. Credit where due.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
15th October 2017ce
09:17

In reply to:

Re: Stonehenge Petition (nigelswift)

2 replies:

Re: Stonehenge Petition (nigelswift)
Re: Stonehenge Petition (thelonious)

Messages in this topic: