The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: uffington horse and the sun
108 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
But of course others have subjective experiences too and they may differ. Where does that get us? Assuming no-one here is a villain it must be a case of misunderstanding, with one person talking about one thing and another about another?

I wasn't intending to say any more on this thread as to be honest have found the ultimate outcome upsetting. Tiompan and Evergreen have said goodbye and left the building - this seems like a massive over reaction. It feels to me this sort of response will always inhibit future discussions.

Speaking just for myself I apologise to both of them for the use of the word 'dogmatic' in my own post - it was not the correct word to use. The discussion had focused entirely on the paper Josh Pollard had written and didn't seem to allow for a wider view or perspective on Uffington. When I said 'can I have it back now' I was speaking figuratively of course as so much more to the place than where the sun rises and sets. Most discussion threads allow for some level of digression.

I hope they will both rethink their decision to leave. As you said Nigel, they have contributed so much.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
21st August 2017ce
08:14

In reply to:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: