The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: uffington horse and the sun
108 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:

Rather than get quietly frustrated by this but say nothing, i'm going to be honest, this has really pissed me off.

It's a forum debate about a theory that somebody has included in a paper.
It's nothing to do with you or what Uffington means to you.
You simply posted a news item which prompted comment.
But it seems you now you think you are entitled to start posting sly insulting comment -

"Sweetcheat 'bravely' trying to offer an alternative view"

"The word 'dogmatic' comes to mind"

'Can I have it back now please"

What is that?

Would you like me to start telling you what words come to my mind when I read your posts?

If it makes you feel comfortable to think of me or my comments as 'dogmatic', then that is your issue, not mine. I find the intimation that I, and others, because we are able to apply logic to a problem, are somehow unable or unwilling to consider, or hold, a 'spiritual' view or an 'alternative' view, extremely ignorant.

Hmm! I didn't aim the word dogmatic at you specifically - or Tiompan either (for whom I have the greatest respect). I used the word to describe the whole tone of the thread. It hasn't really been a discussion but a dismissive dismantling of a piece of work done by an archaeologist who is otherwise respected. I don't agree or disagree with the theory as don't have the astronomical software at my disposal (or the understanding) to do so. Generally speaking I'm a fan of logic but there are other elements to which logic cannot always be applied. We have often talked on this forum about how certain sites induce a feeling of well being and/or inexplicable euphoria - perhaps just the effort and sense of achievement of getting there, or a particularly blue sky, or the appearance of a rare bird. Just something not always easily put into words.

I misread your word 'intimation' as intimidation - please think about it Evergreen. You are the only person to start throwing personal remarks around which apart from me referring elsewhere to your sometimes sarcastic wit (which could be taken as a compliment) I don't think I've done.

This is a forum, anyone with an interest in a topic is entitled to comment - even if that comment doesn't seem particularly informed or relevant. Part of me thinks I can't really be arsed anymore but another part says I won't be intimidated or belittled.
You can ignore me if you wish - which you mostly do anyway. Believe me it's been done before.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
19th August 2017ce
22:47

In reply to:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: