The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: uffington horse and the sun
108 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Yes. It is. The link was posted and before anyone could discuss it or maybe consider the ideas it contained, it had already been torn up and scorned. In a different world, we could have had a discussion, kicked the ideas about.

There was a discussion ,it was so big it got moved and got even bigger

thesweetcheat wrote:

We probably still would come to the conclusion they either didn't hold up, or that there was no evidence to support them.

I didn't see anyone support the contentions , including you .

thesweetcheat wrote:

But that doesn't happen on TMA. Instead the whole thing is instantly ridiculed and if there's any suggestion that some elements may bear a little more consideration, or have alternative interpretation, it's instantly shut down as well.

It was instantly refuted , quotes were provided and evidence produced to show the errors .I was not alone in that .
You provided an alternative but the one aspect that could be falsified i.e. "And for anyone viewing the horse from a position where its horsiness can actually be seen, the sunset will be to their right. " was . It was discussed ,not dismissed out of hand ,I went to the bother of looking for pics and finding points of view ,when I could easily have said that it was just nonsense . I never criticised the style only the substance . The other aspect was hypothetical and despite disagreeing with it , it was not really worth arguing over although I did provide an opinion .
thesweetcheat wrote:
't joking when I said Thom would be crucified on here. As would Julian Cope for that matter. [/quote]
Crucified ? If they come up with bollocks then what is wrong with pointing that out .It happened a long time ago to Thom , elsewhere . Maybe anyone doing here would get "crucified" .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
19th August 2017ce
21:03

In reply to:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: