The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: uffington horse and the sun
108 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Whatever.

Ha, this place. Ridiculous.

Yes. It is. The link was posted and before anyone could discuss it or maybe consider the ideas it contained, it had already been torn up and scorned. In a different world, we could have had a discussion, kicked the ideas about. We probably still would come to the conclusion they either didn't hold up, or that there was no evidence to support them. But that doesn't happen on TMA. Instead the whole thing is instantly ridiculed and if there's any suggestion that some elements may bear a little more consideration, or have alternative interpretation, it's instantly shut down as well.

I wasn't joking when I said Thom would be crucified on here. As would Julian Cope for that matter.

I have huge respect for tiompan and I'm the last to accept opinion-as-fact theories, but I think this forum has become very closed minded. Cerrig has never returned after trying to discuss his ideas and been shouted down.

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
19th August 2017ce
20:11

In reply to:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: