The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: uffington horse and the sun
108 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
tiompan wrote:

You have to click on a few pics toget the right horse
http://www.secretearth.com/att[...]ons/2014-white-horse-hill-walk

That image taught me something. It's ever so clear that the horse precisely follows the edge of the scarp so its prancing is due to that, not artistic intention.

There is so much to that could be said and discovered about the monument ,sadly the sun horse theory and everything here has added nothing . The refutations have just left us where we started .
Fwiw , and only my worthless subjective view based on appearances from the plans , pics and GE (I'm discounting personal visits due to memory ) , the horse would not moving around the edge of the hill but continuing up what is left of the slope, prancing or galloping , it is unlikely to do such a sharp right turn when all the hard work has been done coming up the shoulder and the castle and barrow just straight ahead .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
19th August 2017ce
08:47

In reply to:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: