The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: uffington horse and the sun
108 messages
Select a forum:
Yes, we should do that.

I still think much of the paper is flawed as I said last night, and there's absolutely no evidence to support the theory that links the horse to the sun.

But I am going to dig my (spurred) heels in over the fact that the horse faces to the right, and the sunset is further to the right of that, so the horse is facing towards the sunset. This doesn't prove intention or even a link with the sun, but is a factual aspect of the design and was what I assume tjj would have seen from the train line as sunset approached.

I think we ought to be standing quite a long way back though, a few miles away, down on the vale. Standing up on Dragon Hill isn't going to be rewarding, the sun will be doing its thing behind the hillside - Dragon Hill is quite low down.

Cadbury's should make Uffington horse biscuits, with corrugated chocolate on one side and a nice biscuity rendering of the horse on the other.

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
18th August 2017ce
13:16

In reply to:

Re: uffington horse and the sun (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: