The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Uploading photos
15 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
tjj wrote:
I know people with fabulous DSLR cameras which they use for photographing moths, butterflies and birds. Personally, wouldn't really want to carry one around.

Same here, my back's knackered enough as it is :)

Well I've had some pretty decent cameras in my time and still have, mainly Nikons/Panasonics/Canons but I'd never considered buying an action camera.
Well a few months back I saw advertised one that just seemed too good to be true because its specification was remarkable for a camera as small as a standard box of matches (it really is!!). It's an Explorer Elite with WiFi and 4K all for £53!!!
It comes with more accessories than you can shake a stick at and takes remarkable still and videos. I bought it mainly to secure underneath my drone (all the fittings were included for that).

I could ramble on about it but check out this still image of Roughtor taken from Louden Hill and the video of Stannon stone circle I shot with it hand held. None of my expensive cameras would have done better. I hope the links work okay.

It now lives in my pocket and I take it everywhere. It pops into a carriage made for it (also came with the camera) and becomes a dashcam which I intend to use when driving to sites to help others find their way to them. A link with Filednotes will be a great help.

https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/d[...]7VPSV4A9QGYHG5zZROOYeWZBW-NzAx

https://youtu.be/OD-OcC9dLcg

I've just ordered another what appears to be identical camera but with a different brand name on it. China of course! The spec is the same and accessories the same but £27!!! If it is the same then it will be the bargain of the year. I'll let you know when it arrives in a day or two!

If anyone needs any more info just ask or email me.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
17th May 2017ce
09:15

In reply to:

Re: Uploading photos (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: