The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   U-Know! Start a topic | Search
U-Know!
Re: Genital mutilation..
17 messages
Select a forum:
dhajjieboy wrote:

I know, 'who the fuck am I to question these things'....

It goes without saying you have every right. I admit to not readily responding to this topic and have to ask myself (as a female) "why the fuck am I not questioning these things ..." Its not that I'm not, the practice is abhorrent - its just I'm not doing it out loud.
"FGM is defined by the WHO as "all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons". It is recognised as a violation of the human rights of women and girls. In December 2012, the United Nations general assembly unanimously voted to work for the elimination of FGM throughout the world."
https://www.theguardian.com/so[...]enital-mutilation-where-happen
Perhaps I was thinking its not my fight and I wouldn't know how to go about it. I applaud the young women from the countries and cultures concerned who now work to educate people. And you are helping too by raising it as a topic for discussion - its made me think about it. Others as well I'm sure.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
25th April 2017ce
17:11

In reply to:

Genital mutilation.. (dhajjieboy)

1 reply:

Re: Genital mutilation.. (dhajjieboy)

Messages in this topic: