The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   U-Know! Start a topic | Search
U-Know!
Re: Another Election
364 messages
Select a forum:
I voted remain because I strongly believe that a united Europe will help prevent another war, not necessarily soon but some day.
I voted remain because the EU gives us fundamental human and employment rights that a Tory government would do everything they can to strip away without EU legislation to stop them.
I voted remain because the EU is our biggest trading partner and we would be idiots to think we will be better off financially outside the EU.
I voted remain because membership of the EU provides a framework to keep pressure on members to reduce carbon emissions, to keep environmental protections in place and to work towards sustainable energy. A Tory government unfettered by this will allow commercial interests to take precedence over environmental concerns.
I voted remain because I trusted the EU to do a better job of distributing the money it takes from member states than our government will. Wales and Cornwall have a shock coming.
I voted remain because I believe that we should have close ties with countries that share values of tolerance and that uphold human rights, rather than looking to places like Saudi Arabia as trading partners.
I voted remain because I believe that we need free movement of workers to staff our hospitals and carehomes, especially given the ageing British population.

You make it sound like a vote for what we already have (the above) is a bad thing. Some of your fellow leavers take it further, and label me an enemy of the people and a traitor.

Reply | with quote
thesweetcheat
Posted by thesweetcheat
21st April 2017ce
22:02

In reply to:

Re: Another Election (sanshee)

2 replies:

Re: Another Election (nigelswift)
Re: Another Election (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: