The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The Pilgrimage
14 messages
Select a forum:
Joolio Geordio wrote:
Fantastic- when on Lewis make sure you get to see Margaret Curtis it will be the best history lesson on the stones you will ever have. she has so much knowledge to impart, and if you are lucky she might involve you in some practical work looking for evidence of stone circles. I can't recommend a visit to Margaret highly enough.
Joolio

I should have mentioned Margaret, sorry. We spent a few hours at with her at Callanish and later in the week she came with us down to Harris. She is a remarkable woman - was living alone with about 20 cats when we met her. Last I heard of her, she is becoming frail and needs a walking aid to get about.
An Avebury friend gave me her telephone number - having visited Lewis a bit ahead of me. If she is still meeting people I am sure the Callanish Visitor's Centre would be able to give out her contact details. She does appreciate payment for her time but I think this may be negotiable.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
15th April 2017ce
21:56

In reply to:

Re: The Pilgrimage (Joolio Geordio)

1 reply:

Re: The Pilgrimage (carol27)

Messages in this topic: