The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Blackhills Forum Start a topic | Search
Blackhills
Re: Hi Eds, Can a site be added?
3 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Drewbhoy, I will unlock it for you. However, the Eds have a general feeling about limiting subsites. If it's a small place and the proposed subsite is eg. a particular stone with rock art - it doesn't seem worth it (adding unnecessary layers through which people must click to find information). The more complex the site, I'd suggest the more appropriate it is to have a subsite (that being more of an archaeological judgement perhaps). Or alternatively, if the site's page attracts a lot of photos, it makes pragmatic sense to subdivide them. Distance is also a factor - if the suggested subsite is sufficiently far away to feel like a different location (a subjective thing, yes) then it's probably worth making it an entirely different site in itself. It is a bit of a judgement call. But having added 700+ places to TMA yourself I expect you know where we're coming from.
Thanks,
TMA Ed.

Reply | with quote
Posted by TMA Ed
11th March 2017ce
09:02

In reply to:

Hi Eds, Can a site be added? (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: