The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Frederick Bligh Bond
19 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:

What a tragically beautiful thing, though, if we exist in this unbelievably small, unlikely window, doing all this stuff, putting up stones, kneeling to invisible masters, thinking, striving, creating, feeling, and then die, never to be seen or heard again, a tiny light in a tiny little part of an unimaginably vast unforgiving universe.
I can't quite believe that, or as i said, maybe i don't want to.

You would have to apply that to every person who has ever lived and died and we all know life is actually very cheap in some parts of the world. I'm guessing I'm quite a bit older than you so I talk from experience. I've investigated lots of 'paths' during my life - and they all lead to one place. We die. The End. Perhaps our children's children might inherit a physical trait or a particular type of personality but no-one we know will be around to verify it.

I'm well aware we have the luxury of these thoughts and ideas.
I hope I made myself reasonably clear about the source of any thoughts, feelings of this nature. .
I don't believe in anything in particular.
I just enjoy entertaining possibilities.

Looking away from this planet and the many and varied problems created by its human residents, where did all of this begin? how? and why? 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. over 100 billion galaxies in the universe.

And what is the nature of your or my reality?
what is life and death?

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
23rd January 2017ce
23:24

In reply to:

Re: Frederick Bligh Bond (tjj)

1 reply:

Re: Frederick Bligh Bond (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: