The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Orkney Forum Start a topic | Search
Orkney
Re: Britain's Ancient Capital: Secrets Of Orkney
194 messages
Select a forum:
[quote="moss"]

They had just discovered what just might be tall stones beneath the buildings on the Ness of Brodgar, could it be an earlier stone circle, and so it hangs on suspense till they come back this summer season and root about a bit more.
[....]

I began to get interested then after what was I thought in many parts very dull - especially when Neill was not involved directly. Couldn't see the point of a so-called 'Archaeological Adventurer' being there and if I'm honest the girl either other than the seaweed under the stone idea (which I knew about as a kid in Jersey). For an adventurer the bloke didn't look like he'd got out much what with that lily-white skin and I thought at the very least he'd look something like Indiana Jones :-)

Some good bits too of course and still much as it was when I paid a visit about 5 years ago now with the exception of the main dig which has now become a monster.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
18th January 2017ce
13:01

Messages in this topic: