The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Orkney Forum Start a topic | Search
Orkney
Re: The Outrun
194 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
tiompan wrote:
It's like a new genre , troubled women / landscape .
H is for Hawk is another , maybe Aphra Behn was first .

Ah thank you. I was just trying to pour oil on troubled waters but seem to have missed the mark. I have H is for Hawk too.

Wild places are therapeutic to troubled women. Yes, I agree.

And, possibly to troubled men. I also have H is for Hawk & can't be bothered with it. I'll try the other one though tjj.
It's great reading educated people posting with knowledgeable stuff; in fact I'm in awe. However there is sometimes a lofty, patronising tone that creeps into the discourse.
The problem that I find with this is that as a relative newcomer who undoubtedly talks emotional bollocks at times I get a bit put off by it. Ultimately it will lead to a stagnant forum imho.
Other ideas, just because they may not be proven facts should perhaps be afforded some degree of respect because at least people are sufficiently interested enough to post about it & surely getting folk interested is important.
Either which way getting out there & seeing these places is something that I know will continue with me & mine whatever. I just may not blather on about them very much on here:)

Reply | with quote
Posted by carol27
15th January 2017ce
16:50

In reply to:

Re: The Outrun (tjj)

4 replies:

Re: The Outrun (tiompan)
Re: The Outrun (tjj)

Messages in this topic: