The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: The Geometry of Avebury
18 messages
Select a forum:
Hello Marina, really good to see you here. I think you've just raised the bar on this forum with your Silbury post - a fascinating read indeed. I'm not going to comment other than to say I've always felt Silbury was the 'heart' of Avebury and, although I see it at least twice week (from a moving bus) I never, ever get tired of looking at it, or the amazing land/sky-scape it sits in. When I do walk over to WKLB from Avebury, climbing up and over Waden Hill with Silbury gradually coming into view always gives me a sense of something inexplicable - something mystical and mysterious. This is even though I am all too aware of the process of its construction and of the conservation work carried out on it a decade or so ago. Sometimes the heart rules the head.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to write your post - I'm sure I won't be the only person to appreciate it.
June
x

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
18th May 2016ce
19:46

Messages in this topic: