The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Horizon, First Britons, BBC2, Wednesday
8 messages
Select a forum:
Yup, well done Beeb, saw the repeat. I thought it was more geared towards those who were not necessarily greatly aware of current archaeological hot topics such as Doggerland: an intro. In no way a criticism. A very good lucid and informative example of the type, and I'd readily watch it again if I could...no access to iPlayer, alas. O/T or tangentally, the one scary bit was the mention of the Norway-origined tsunami that swept down the east coast. One day that could, or will, happen again, as will the La Palma/Azores one south of us. Iirc there is evidence of Cornwall being inundated in past millennia, probably from the latter source, a far earlier and larger event than the Severn estuary tsunami of the c17/(18?). All those centres of population and nuclear power stations by the sea here and in France vulnerable to both... (sorry, in doomy mood)

Reply | with quote
spencer
Posted by spencer
21st August 2015ce
04:25

Messages in this topic: