The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Stubob
40 messages
Select a forum:
I received some terrible news today, our friend Stubob has died.
I haven’t seen Stu for a good while but we’ve always kept in touch and I have nothing but happy memories of Stu.
Stu was a lovely bloke, he was funny, intelligent, gentle and generous but what impressed me the most about him was that he was a bloke who lived his life according to his own rules
Stu and I had a number of adventures throughout the North of England and Scotland but I guess my fondest memories of Stu are from my visits to Derbyshire. Stu’s depth of knowledge was truly astounding. He seemed to know everything about everywhere, there seemed to be nowhere that he hadn’t explored. Still to this day, whenever I kick over a molehill or see a clump of trees on a hilltop I think of Stu and Minninglow.
Please take a moment to think about Stu and his family especially when you are out and about in the hills.

Reply | with quote
fitzcoraldo
Posted by fitzcoraldo
14th July 2015ce
17:56

16 replies:

Re: Stubob (thesweetcheat)
Re: Stubob (tjj)
Re: Stubob (ryaner)
Re: Stubob (Joolio Geordio)
Re: Stubob (Emma A)
Re: Stubob (tjj)