The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The Sun and the Serpent
43 messages
Select a forum:
Rhiannon wrote:
Don't judge me but I rather liked 'the sun and the serpent' when I read it. It does feeds into that very English romantic glastonbury thing but also a 90s environmental gaia-ish view of the landscape, that it's maybe got some ability to fight back against all the crap we humans dish out. It's also nice because if you know somewhere on the line near to you, it makes you want to visit other places along it. Which can't be bad for swelling the ranks of tmaists.

But on the other hand it is about ley lines.

Ah this Christmas we went to a party and it was 'secret santa' time. I got a bottle of booze. But my poor OH, someone had deliberately got him a pair of dowsing rods from Avebury (ie bent copper pipes). He looked very disappointed but tried to hide it. Most people in the room seemed to have some innate belief they would work, curiously. But they were overwhelmingly artists and musicians, maybe they'd never demanded a scientific explanation of why they would or wouldn't work.

I don't live far from the purported line. Perhaps I should go out and take the copper pipes.

I wouldn't be judgemental Rhiannon ,whether I agreed or not .

The time when it came out is an interesting one ,the period in “earth energy “ beliefs where it had finally struck home that the supposedly straight Belinus Ley line wasn't quite what had been suggested of it i.e. it didn't actually go through the sites it was supposed to , in a straight line .It took some time for this to be accepted by those who had made the claim for it's straightness and association with the sites and dowsers who had claimed that they had dowsed the line were shown to be have been deluded .
Realising that that the straightness could be demonstrated objectively and any associated dowsing claims rebutted they came up with the ideal solution by avoiding anything that be tested objectively ,hence wavy lines between the sites and purely subjective “discoveries” . supposedly straight Belinus Ley line wasn't quite what had been suggested of it i.e. it didn't actually go through the sites it was supposed to , in a straight line .It took some time for this to be accepted by those who had made the claim for it's straightness and association with the sites and dowsers who had claimed that they had dowsed the line were shown to be have been deluded .
Realising that that the straightness could be demonstrated objectively and any associated dowsing claims rebutted they came up with the ideal solution by avoiding anything that be tested objectively ,hence wavy lines between the sites and purely subjective “discoveries” and why they are avoiding using the L word in the film .

Do borrow the OH 's rods , they will "work" , they nearly always do , then comes the interpretation . Maybe you will find a fourth line very close to ,but not quite the as the other three , or maybe they will" confirm " one of the other three or maybe ....

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
16th January 2017ce
13:34

In reply to:

Re: The Sun and the Serpent (Rhiannon)

1 reply:

Re: The Sun and the Serpent (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: