The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Stone circle etiquette
38 messages
Select a forum:
I need some guidance. Yesterday I went to Coldrum and on arrival found someone sitting cross-legged eyes closed, headphones on, right next to the stones, his trail bike lying on the ground equally close. Like many of us I wanted not just to appreciate the beauty of the site and its setting etc, I also wanted to take some pictures but not ones that included this person and his bike. Okay, I thought, give him some space and time, don't be impatient, but after about 20 minutes he hadn't budged and clouds were gathering threatening to shut out the sun altogether. Should I gently suggest he might consider moving out of shot? Would it be seriously uncool of me to interrupt his meditation? Whenever I visit a circle and there are others there wanting to take pictures I'm always careful to stay out of the way and wait my turn. In the end I managed to take pictures from oblique angles omitting his presence without disturbing him but I left feeling slightly irritated and wondering if I was being selfish. What do others feel?

Reply | with quote
ironstone
Posted by ironstone
19th February 2015ce
10:36

Messages in this topic: