The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Grime's Graves Forum Start a topic | Search
Grime's Graves
Grimes Graves - Trip Adviser
25 messages
Select a forum:
I am hoping to visit Grimes Graves in October so (as I had nothing else to do) thought I would have a look at some of the reviews of the place on Trip Advisor. Although most were positive these made me smile.
I guess you can’t please all of the people all of the time!

‘We went to Grimes Graves expecting to have a full day of going through Caves this was not the case!! We paid £15 for the three of us and a guide book, we went to the cave and climbed down a ladder and it was just a big hole!! We highly disappointed and headed home shortly after!!’

‘Top tip! Don't bother! Go down a ladder expecting to go down tunnels! And no there all closed of with bars! Got conned into buying the guide book! I felt fleeced, and duped that I spent £15’

‘The flint mine itself that you climb down a ladder to see is pointless not worth the energy to climb down!!’

‘I'm not sure what crack the other reviewers have been smoking but please heed my advice and give it a big miss!’

Reply | with quote
Posted by CARL
20th August 2014ce
13:16

Messages in this topic: