The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: A Separate Place
27 messages
Select a forum:
GLADMAN wrote:
Funny that. Cornwall's always felt far more 'English' to me than, say, Cumbria or Yorkshire. Perhaps that's because its the first place I used to go camping as a kid.... guess it depends on what you're used to and how diverse your UK experiences have been.

Hi Gladders,

I agree with you; Cornwall has always felt very English to me. Cumbria is very much a very separate county to the country of England (should be Cumberland and Westmorland). Get to know the Cumbrians and you get to know how different they are, as in how different their way of life is, and how different their acceptance of outsiders is. I suppose they could be described as intolerant to what they call off-comers. Nowt wrong with that in my book, although the pc brigade will differ, but stuff them, as I think personal opinion shouldn't be censored. Don't forget Churchill fought for freedom, be it speech or general living.

All the best,
TE.

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
27th April 2014ce
00:28

In reply to:

Re: A Separate Place (GLADMAN)

1 reply:

Re: A Separate Place (Lubin)

Messages in this topic: