The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
Fella's, can't you agree that it seems to work for some people

What, on the basis you won't or can't provide evidence? No thanks. There's no problem with agreeing it certainly seems to work for some people in their own perception but that's a million miles from saying it works for some people - and that's the precise fault line that has been on display so clearly on this thread and which appears to have eluded you throughout.

It's a fact that if I claim I dowse the lottery numbers every week the first thing you're going to say is "what are next week's numbers then?" Yet if a dowser is asked to prove he can dowse that's different and must be refused - and the questioner is at fault! That's this thread in a nutshell so please don't ask people to "agree that it seems to work" as that's doing no more than saying "please believe because I do". If you have real evidence for goodness sake let's have it.

(Incidentally, evidence that is gathered "in private" isn't evidence at all, it's hearsay. Equally, saying there is lots of evidence but it can't be measured is silly because that means the person gathering it can't be aware of it themselves. So maybe people just get a "feeling" that doesn't generate results: "I know there are buried stones here but I can't dig them up" or "I know ancient people processed along here but I can't show you as they're long gone" - fine, but that's not dowsing, it's believing one can perceive something without ever being able to confirm it. There's a lot of that about and it's a bit self-indulgent and certainly pointless IMO.)

This topic is locked
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
10th November 2013ce
01:33

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (Astralcat)

Messages in this topic: