The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Fella's, can't you agree that it seems to work for some people but not for others for whatever reason proven or otherwise? We're all amateurs here and can't be expected to know all the answers.

The cases where it "seems to " have simpler explantions than the result of someone getting information from rods ,pendulums etc. and are not convincing enough compared with the huge amount of evidence that shows that it doesn't work .
Why is it that that people can find all sorts of things without using any of the dowsing paraphernalia or claiming dowsing abilities and when asked to repeat the task manage to do so . Yet when asked to produce the goods dowsers either fail or back off as if it would be demeaning to do so .
As the the rods etc are clearly not a prerequisite for the various tasks i.e. no dowser has ever showed any ability to find anything that a non dowser couldn't , why attribute any practical use to them particularly when there is perfectly simple explanation for their movement ?

Sorry George but you've been repeating this over and over. I don't want to get into more arguments over this but the fact remains that you don't know every single person who has ever dowsed nor every single recorded result, because much of it, in fact most, has been done in private. Because of that you can only form an opinion on what you personally know, have read and been told. You opinion is formed on incomplete data. No offence intended and we are ALL in the same boat whatever our views.
Can we not all just leave it there and move on...and maybe even get back to the original thread that was hijacked eons ago now!

Well at least you responded but like everyone other proponent failed to answer the questions .
No offence taken or intended .Why argument ? it's a discussion .
I have never been witness to every report of the tooth fairy either and have incomplete data , that is not an argument in it's favour .
There is no need to use the rods etc as an explanation , the same can easily be achieved without them . "Talented " dowsers when put to the test do no better than chance , if they were more successful we might pay more attention but ordinary punters who couldn't care less do just as well and dowsers never actually do anything that non dowsers can't do , and regularly fare far worse . It's not a recipe for acceptance .lets get back to the original thread by all means . I was the last to post on it , and exhibited some genuine dowsing ,at least Jon was impressed ,or maybe you can google what Jon is thinking ?

The answers were in my post George...incomplete data, for everyone.
I'm not being drawn in again because it is futile. I was just hoping we could all just move on because common sense dictates this is not going to be resolved.

This topic is locked
Posted by Sanctuary
9th November 2013ce
20:15

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: