The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
Astralcat wrote:
It's like the underlying fundamentalism and aggression of the Dawkins mob, it's not that you may have a different viewpoint/perspective, like Rupert Sheldrake for instance, you're 'an ENEMY of reason', and ENEMY. How odd. It happens all the time. I have a keen interest and alternative/complimentary medicine, but the raised hackles and immediate assumption that I'm nut job who hates mainstream medicine and science (both utter bollocks) is so predictable. Open discussion is rarely possible. It's loaded and one sided, even to the point of arrogantly and contemptuously dismissing the philosophies and practices of other cultures. I am not by the way, making references to particular individuals here, more the fact that there's is so much more to know in many areas. It's not about indiscriminate dismantling, it's about investigating and adding knowledge. Unfortunately, that's very hard with the current paradigm, as there main body of the scientific community has become hopelessly entwined with corporate and political interests and funding. We need brave thinkers and pioneers in so many areas, now more than ever, and I honestly believe that it's starting to happen.

I think all of those comments would be entirely fair if you approached these conversations as discussions, rather than asserting your experiences as objective truths. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm open-minded about many things, but I am not receptive to people who TELL me how it is.

This topic is locked
Posted by Mustard
9th November 2013ce
14:53

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (Astralcat)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (Astralcat)

Messages in this topic: