The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
Astralcat wrote:
Polarised, and asthmatic.

You don't exactly help though, do you? A number of people, myself included, have expressed open-mindedness towards a number of the beliefs that you apparently hold. Yet in return, rather than offering a humble understanding of the scepticism with which people react to your views, you generally descend into petty name-calling. I'm sure you must be familiar with the recent adage "be the change that you want to see in the world"?

Exercise a little humility, attempt to grasp that you're posting on a forum largely populated by sceptics, and respect the fact that your beliefs are likely to be challenged. The only issue I have ever seen in threads in which you participate is caused by your manner of communication, whereby you insist on expressing your beliefs and experiences as objective facts. By all means, consider them objective facts in your own head if you wish, but when entering into a dialogue with sceptics, I can't see how you expect your behaviour to be anything other than polarising.

Before casting the first stone, look to your own behaviour and ask what YOU could do to improve things. And I say this as someone who has scanned back over his post three times, removing anything that could be mistaken as provocative or offensive.

This topic is locked
Posted by Mustard
9th November 2013ce
09:50

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (Astralcat)

2 replies:

Re: [Off topic] (Astralcat)
Re: [Off topic] (moss)

Messages in this topic: