The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
[quote="Astralcat
Not really. Again, I found a natural spring amongst other things via dowsing. End of. To be frank, I find the generalised and deliberate head tennis here re. certain subjects so tedious when I pop in for a look. I'll leave it at that because I do not want to get into another personal experience reality fact argument! Om Shanti :-)[/quote]

Sorry to see you go Astralcat but that is how this forum has gone and why so many good members have left over the past two years. No longer can you have yours say without being continually cross-questioned and belittled by one or two. We are all amateurs here and can't possible be expected to know the answers to everything so you are made to look small while the tennis is going on and your views not valid. The guilty ones are not prepared to accept that many people have experiences which are entirely real to them but not recordable. The secret of course is knowing when to pull the plug before they drive you to leave. They'll have a go at me now but it will fall on deaf ears. Much more of this and there won't be anyone else left to leave.

Blimey that's my second rant today :-)

That's nonsense Roy , there has been a friendly discussion about a relatively interesting topic , but just as it gets interesting the two proponents of one side of the topic decide to stop taking part , it doesn't say much for their side of the debate .
It is simply wrong to say that us "guilty ones , are not prepared to accept that many people have experiences which are entirely real to them but not recordable."
Nobody has denied that if someone believes something to be true that's up to them but it does not mean that anyone else has to believe it .
Anyone who has commented on that point obviously did fall on deaf ears as that is not at all how they explained it .

This topic is locked
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
7th November 2013ce
18:27

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: