The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Roy , the task was to find an equilateral triangular stone in a monument that is revetted and walled with multiple stones , in an area where angular and triangular shaped stones appear to be quite common .
Angular stones are probably much more common and can appear triangular when only partially exposed , do you have a pic of the stone fully exposed to allow for an assessment of it's triangularity ? If when fully exposed it is actually is an equilateral triangle , then how many others are there under the turf ?

As the dowser seemed happy to be put to the test would she consider attempting the same problem with a buried stone/wooden triangle in an area more "stone free" or anything foreign that could be located by the same method . I would be more than impressed by a dowser, as long as it wasn't Derren Brown , finding a foreign object buried in area the size of KAH .

The female burial could be a test but then again the rectangular monuments in Brittany have burials in their corners andf if by some chance KAH was related that is where you would expect to find a burial deposit . And then again there might be no deposit .

I expected no less from you George seeing we have discussed this in detail before. Any more under the turf? Well I expect if there was she would have told me, but didn't.
You've seen the photo before as I've sent it to you partly exposed. As I'm not allowed to dig (ahem) you'll just have to take my word for it that it is indeed triangular and not just the corner of a large rectangular stone.
You'd have as much chance of her being put to the test as you would have me sky dive!!

No less ?
How many triangular stones are to be found at KAH ?
But she was just put to the test by you .

No less with your questioning.
No idea until they have all been re-exposed.
Somewhat different test with a friend in a casual way don't you think.

I'm out of this now as we'll end up playing tennis again with no result.

Good topic though which should really be on its own thread.

This topic is locked
Posted by Sanctuary
7th November 2013ce
15:37

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: