The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Conclusions...Stone circles, are we learning much?
253 messages
Select a forum:
jonmor wrote:
"Alex Gibson reckoned that when timber circles are a feature of a developing monument they are usually earlier , not always the case , but a useful heuristic "

Seems entirely reasonable, but timber is easier to work so not sure that it would be much of a heuristic help because it would apply to any solution?

On subject of possible solutions, today sent a package to the people who run the other monument set we discussed (at their request): Was in that country last week but didn't get the chance to go over to them. This time round I think I'll only write it up fully if they're interested (but will copy you in if/when done).

All the best G

Jon

Jon , the heuristic was just wood precedes stone when both found in the same monument useful but not always the case .

I have decrypted the majority of the next para , I think , did you enjoy the bus trip and the rock art ?

Please do , look forward to it .

This topic is locked
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
4th November 2013ce
18:41

Messages in this topic: