The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: @ Evergreen
19 messages
Select a forum:
To quote Gladman
"When all is said and done it takes two to have an argument. We all have the perogative not to respond if we feel - from our perspective, not necessarily others - that a thread is going beyond acceptable banter. I appreciate only too well that it isn't easy, being human and all that, but I guess if we really do see ourselves as some kind of resistance movement against what's going on in 'Simon Cowell-land' we need to pull back on the reigns now and again."

One of the things that has always struck me is that people enjoy the arguments, but occasionally the line of 'civilised behaviour' gets stepped over, my reactions would either not to say anything or conversely 'sod off'. There have been very long threads that many of us don't read out of sheer boredom, and everyone gets their emotions ticking over passionately...

In defence of Roy, who we have both met, he is an entirely sincere person in his beliefs, perfectly willing to accept other viewpoints. I am not sure he will come back, highly principled and hurt by what took place on TMA, but also, the thunder storm took out (fried) his router and computer the other day so is not online till next thursday ;).....

If I had a rule to make it would be this, that the nature of an argument should be understood, and kept within a framework of sensibility!!!

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
3rd August 2013ce
18:19

In reply to:

Re: @ Evergreen (GLADMAN)

1 reply:

Re: @ Evergreen (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: