The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: @ Evergreen
19 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
EGD, thank you for the apology which I accept.

Roy, I appreciate the spirit of your earlier post, I for one will be glad if you stick around.

I hope all thoughtful, gentle people stick around. In my opinion much of the ideals people are clamouring for in this modern society... fame, obscene wealth, power... mean absolutely jack once the basics of adequate food, shelter and physical security are achieved. This is a forum for exploring ideas that maybe do mean something in relation to the human experience. Even if they don't (?) I'd suggest the research people are doing is helping to form a sub-society of people with more considerate, less aggressive viewpoints.

When all is said and done it takes two to have an argument. We all have the perogative not to respond if we feel - from our perspective, not necessarily others - that a thread is going beyond acceptable banter. I appreciate only too well that it isn't easy, being human and all that, but I guess if we really do see ourselves as some kind of resistance movement against what's going on in 'Simon Cowell-land' we need to pull back on the reigns now and again.

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
3rd August 2013ce
11:56

In reply to:

Re: @ Evergreen (tjj)

1 reply:

Re: @ Evergreen (moss)

Messages in this topic: