The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: @ Evergreen
19 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:

I did the same with tjj after she posted telling me its not fair to make a comment illustrating the ridiculousness of wild-eyed theory without proof. The comment she'd objected to was that I think Glastonbury Tor was covered in bits of banana, and she made sure to tell me I shouldn't post such things! Incredible. Incredible arrogance once again.

So, if you're interested TMA, have a close look at whats going on here.
Or ban me, I suppose.

EGD, I wasn't objecting to you having a bit of fun at Glastonbury Tor's expense, rather instead, apparently ridiculing someone I thought didn't deserve it. As it turned out he was more than able to fight his own corner. Before you condemn me as arrogant perhaps think about the impact your words might be having. I accept what you said to me was a knee jerk reaction to what you perceived as being 'told off' - I can see that. I locked this thread earlier at your request because the last thing I want is an escalation of the name calling we have seen so often in the past.

Tiompan clearly doesn't want you leave - that's a good reference as far as I'm concerned (oops, me fawning again), if you decide to stay I will keep out of your way. Believe me, I'm fully aware of my own shortcomings and don't need them pointed out on a forum by someone I haven't met - or at least, don't think I've met.

I'll leave this unlocked but will lock again if any name calling starts.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
2nd August 2013ce
19:34

In reply to:

Re: @ Evergreen (Evergreen Dazed)

1 reply:

Re: @ Evergreen (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: