The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Glastonbury resident antiquarians and festival,.
301 messages
Select a forum:
"but a tendency with some to be, as I see it, so steeped in science and materialism that something vital gets lost along the way."

But that's an un-called for insult. Why should being steeped in science and materialism lead to something getting lost along the way? It's a line that trips off many peoples' tongues, always those on your side of the fence but I've never heard anyone explain it. Being steeped in science makes "belief" or "faith" harder to maintain but not understanding or appreciation.

Seems to me that if that's your stance - that logic, rationality and proof are the enemies of deeper understanding then you're calling for "faith" in exactly the same way as Christians do. I'm sure you know how annoying it is when some of them say the world WAS made in six days. Bet you'd call for proof.

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
1st August 2013ce
09:26

Messages in this topic: